Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium. The most popular platform nowadays are Google, Facebook and Amazon.
With the unfolding of modern technologies and preponderance of Digital Marketing (DM), businesses are doing all that they can to match up the pace. Businesses are either changing their plans of action into the digital one, or amplifying existing marketing strategies with digital advertising techniques
Why Digital Marketing is IMPORTANT
for all businesses
More Cost-Effective than
Sales and Revenues
Customer and Market
Builds Better Brand
Companies without Digital Marketing Strategy are giving away internet market visibility
If you don’t have a Digital Marketing Strategy, you are most likely
- Directionless – no goal, no target, no clear relationship established with customers
- No clue of your market share or target audience – if you don’t know that, how can you make a sale?
- Losing market and customer to your competitor and new start-ups
- Zero business insight of your customer and their purchasing pattern
- Spend lots of money on marketing, but the sale is still going down
Does your organization have a clearly defined digital marketing strategy?
- Yes - it is integrated into our long-term strategy
- Yes - it is defined in documentation
- No - No defined Digital Marketing Strategy
Digital Marketing should be on top of your corporate strategy and roadmap!
Canadian Advertising Platform Share (in $ millions)
Build a successful Digital Marketing Strategy
Who are your target customers? What is the demography?
- Location: are they geographically located all in one city, province
- Age: what is the main age group of your target customers
- Income: what is their income level, do they have expendable income for your products/services?
- Goal: are you trying to sell product/service to them? Do you want them to enroll in your school?
Are you going to use Google, Facebook or LinkedIn? Which one is going to best help you reach to your customers? Do we have a clear measurable goal that we can use to clearly measure the success (money input and sale output?)
- what is the cost for each platform?
- what are the different types of advertising pricing mechanism?
- How to create a champion and measure against the keyword?
- Oh, what is your advertising keyword?
Do we already have an established customer base that we can start marketing? Perhaps, we have fixed amount of audiences of our blog; frequent buyers of our product; attendees of our seminar and events.
Do we have partner channels that we can leverage? Maybe our suppliers or vendors can help advertise our products/services?
Integrate all potential resource and platform to help derive a feasible and affordable digital marketing strategy.
Before someone becomes the customer, who purchases your products/services, they are likely a visitor to your website who read your content that is useful to them. As such, content (can be text, image, video) is a great way to attract visitors to your website. When the visitor population grows, with a great customer conversion rate, then your customers will increase. It is a simple math problem.
You need a plan for the content creation. The article title, content, sale strategy, internal linking and article SEO strategies.
There are so much more that needs to be work on. Digital Marketing Strategy is an integrated plan that takes consideration of your product/service, market, customer, financial situation, competitor movement, technologies and much more. To find out, how you can be more successful in the current tough market, contact us for a free consultation today.